Beginning your career as an emerging artist can be tough, which is why
Spark Box Studio is offering FREE RESIDENCIES to fine art students
and emerging artists. This residency opportunity is a unique way for young
and emerging artists to cultivate new ideas, access a rich library of arts
resources, learn about career-building opportunities, and develop an
understanding of the art world from a business perspective.
About the Award
Four emerging artists will receive a one-week residency, 10 will receive
a two day residency and 30 will receive one day at our Open Studio
in Prince Edward County. The selected applicants will be given studio
space to work in as well as access to Spark Box Studio's equipment and
resources. Here they can learn about printing techniques, focus on their
own projects and have access to career guidance from local community
members. Applicants staying at Spark Box Studio will given living quarters
at the Spark Box residency. The residency offers shared kitchen and
bathroom with private bedrooms (food will not be provided).
Applying for the Residency Award gives artists the opportunity to practice
an essential business skill in the art world: the application process.
How Do I Apply?
Any emerging artist living in Ontario, between the ages of 19-29, is invited
to apply for the Spark Box Studio Residency Award.
Awards will be made based on the quality and completeness of the
applications. Applicants will be juried by a group of artists and
local business leaders.
Apply by Sept. 31, 2010 to be considered for the Award.
Every applicant will be offered a 10% discount off the regular price of our
Open Studio, Workshops or Residency Program.
For the application click here Residency Award Application
There is a $15.00 entry fee which can be paid through the paypal. This fee
contributes to the cost of processing your application.
The Residency Awards are valid until December 30th, 2010. The
Residency Award is open to all emerging artists resident in Ontario (non-
students and students) aged between 19 and 29.
- Sweet Folk All Sunday Aug 1st
- Buskers and Musicians Wanted for Community Events
- RUBBABOO with PAT MURRAY @ The RCHA Club - July 30...
- Spark Box Studio Fall/Winter Residency Award
- Prince Edward County Music Festival: September 16-...
- Community art and music show
- A Reminder to Fuel your Chakra - Yoga for Modern F...
- Kyra and Tully @ The Waterfall Tea Room in Yarker
- The Best in International Animation July 24-25 at ...
- 2 Artists 2 Visions - Aug. 1st to Aug. 31st, 2010 ...
- RRWMF Lineup 2010
- Sweet Folk All Sunday July 25th
- Kingston Arts Fund Grant Recipients Announced
- CityNews: Jayna Hefford Mural To Be Unveiled
- Bon Echo Art Exhibition & Sale
- Where We Live - Photo Contest
- Cathedral recital, July 29
- BACK FROM THE DEAD final performances -- Please fo...
- What??!!! Mickey Rooney in Kingston?
- RUBBABOO - Fridays at the RCHA
- Upcoming Thousand Islands Playhouse Arts Events
- Artscene - call for art show at Casa- Dea Estate W...
- RCHA CLUB July 2010
- MacLachlan Museum Program Showcases Local Artists
- Peter Van Huffel Quartet: Thursday July 8th @ 8pm
- Cathedral recital, July 22
- ▼ July (26)